Request for Teacher QualificationsDear Parent or Guardian:
Our school receives federal funds for Title I, Part A programs. This letter lets you know about your right to request information about the qualifications of the classroom staff working with your child. You have the right to request information regarding the professional qualifications of your child's classroom teacher(s). If you request this information, the school or district will provide you with answers to the following questions as soon as possible:
- Has your child's teacher met state licensing requirements for the grade level and subject in which the teacher is providing instruction?
- What are the college degree majors and the fields of discipline for any graduate degrees or certificates the teacher holds?
- If teaching under emergency status: Is the teacher working under an emergency status for which state licensing requirements have been waived?
You also have the right to request information regarding the professional qualifications of the paraprofessional(s) assisting your child's teacher(s). If you request this information, the district or school will provide you with the answers to the following questions as soon as possible:
- Is your child receiving Title I, Part A services from a paraprofessional? If yes,
- Has she/he completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education?
- Has she/he completed as associate's (or higher) degree?
- Has she/he met a rigorous stand of quality by meeting our state's certification procedure for determining the quality of paraprofessional staff?
- Does she/he have the (a) knowledge of, and ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics, or (b) knowledge of, and the ability to assist in learning activities such as homework, reading readiness, learning or reach, writing, mathematics, and other support as appropriate?
If you would like to request this information, please contact your child's school by phone at 785-227-2945 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If at any time your student has been taught for four (4) or more consecutive weeks by a teacher(s) that is not highly qualified, you will be notified by the school of this information.
Should you have any other questions regarding your child's education, please don't hesitate to call me at the number below.